How to Request for an Official Business Account (Green Tick) for your WhatsApp Profile
WhatsApp allows you to request for an Official Business Account through Meta Business Manager settings. Once you have upgraded your phone number to WhatsApp Business API, you'll be able to get an official business account and a green tick with it.
How to Submit the Request
- First, go to business.facebook.com and find "Settings" section on left hand side. Click on "More business settings" on the next page.
- On the next page, go to Accounts and select WhatsApp Accounts. On the right hand side, find click on WhatsApp Manager
- On the next page, click on "phone numbers" from the menu on the left.
- On the next page, find the phone number that you want to get an official business account and click on "Settings" button on right hand side.
- On the next page, click on profile and find the section with the title "Official Business Account". Click " Submit Request".
- Fill in the requested fields with necessary details on the pop up and click "submit". It'll be submitted for Meta to review this account and it will grant your account as an "Official Business Account" with a green tick if all details are in place. The screening process usually takes 1-2 days approx.
Please bear in mind that this is not a guaranteed process. Meta does not approve each and every official business request. Click here
to learn more.
- Once approved, you'll be able to see the green tick right next to the display name of your phone number.