Creating generic channel:
Generic channel can be used to integrate any messaging platform or channel to MindBehind. It supports three actions:
- Receive endpoint: The MindBehind endpoint that will receive your messages, and its (https://app.mindbehind.com/external/v1/incoming/mindbehind)
- Send web-hook: Where you will define your receive message endpoint to receive messages from MindBehind
- Handover web-hook: Where you will define your handover action endpoint in case you want to support handover in the new channel
You can find Generic Channel under Channels tab in Company Settings:
While creating your channel, you need to name your channel and you need to give a callback URL to receive MindBehind messages (Send web-hook) as next:
After creating channel and clicking on channel settings icon:
MindBehind will give you an authentication token. Please copy and store this token to use in sending message to MindBehind. Also, MindBehind will give you an example of the message format you should send, and the ability to update the handover web-hook URL as next:
Sending Message to MindBehind:
The MindBehind end point will accept the messages in JSON format, the HTTP request details as next:
- Messaging URL: https://app.mindbehind.com/external/v1/incoming/mindbehind?
channelID=<Your channel id>
- HTTP Method: POST
- Required Header : “apiToken” that can be generated after creating the channel
- Body: Should be in JSON format with the following schema:
NOTE: if your message is a selection of regarding CARD or QUICKREPLY messages button please send selection as TEXT message.
You can download from here our Postman collection to try that request right away.
Receiving Message from MindBehind:
MindBehind will try to send messages to the web-hook you chosen when you created the channel, the HTTP request details coming from MindBehind as next:
The content of the message can be normal string or can be a JSON string for some type of messages, next is a list of possible messages types with their content formats:
- TEXT: A normal string data
- IMAGE: A normal string data describing the public link of image
- VIDEO: A normal string data describing the public link of video
- FILE: A normal string data describing the public link of file
- LOCATION: A JSON object for lat and lng.
- HANDOVER: empty content cause its a command
- END: empty content cause its a command
- CARD: A JSON string with following format:
- QUICKREPLY: A JSON string with following format:
NOTE: ButtonType can have the following values:
- L: a link button
- T: a text post back button
- P: a post back button
- C: a phone call action button
- I: a link button (In Iframe if its supported)
How to use ig.me links
What is IG.ME Links? It provides a way to create a link where users can directly access the instagram dm box. How to create IG.ME Links? Go to Your MindBehind Company Click on Channels and scroll to your INSTAGRAM Channel Click on the IG.ME Link icon ...
Use of WhatsApp sandbox API
We provide a developer-friendly test environment, for anyone who wants to check out the usage of our WhatsApp API. The WhatsApp API allows for direct-like access to the WhatsApp Business API. Sandbox Base Path: https://waba-sandbox.mindbehind.com ...
How to Use Commerce Manager
Prerequisites If your Facebook Business Page is a new page, please make sure it is verified (see How to Create a Facebook Business Manager (FBM)?). Set your page settings. Make sure that a minimum of 10/13 of page settings are completed. Go to “Meta ...
Which Action Types are Supported on WhatsApp Channel?
Message Action Limitations & Button Details Send Text* Send Image Send Document Send Audio Send Video Send Template** Send Sticker Up to 4096 characters Up to 64 MB jpg, png Up to 64 MB Any valid MIME-Type Up to 64 MB audio/aac, audio/mp4, audio/amr, ...
Which Action Types are Supported on Instagram Channel?
Message Action Limitations & Button Details Send Text Send Image Send Document Send Audio Send Video Send Template Up to 1000 characters Up to 8 MB jpeg, png ❌ Up to 25 MB acc, m4a, wav, mp4 Up to 25 MB, mp4, ogg, avi, mov, webm ❌ ❌: Not supported ...